Raleigh North Carolina Wedding Officiant Raleigh NC Wedding Officiant North Carolina Wedding Minister NC Wedding Minister Raleigh North Carolina Minister Raleigh NC Minister
Christopher B. Sanford and Catherine P. Sanford
ORDAINED by UNIVERSAL MINISTRIES (of MILFORD, IL)
Together -- Let's plan and conduct
YOUR UNFORGETTABLE WEDDING CEREMONY
to express your values, your beliefs, your commitment,
your connection with family and friends
HERE'S THE PLAN:
1) Check out this website. Is this the way you want to present your wedding ceremony? If you have questions about what you see here (or about anything we haven't covered here), please call or e-mail.
2) If you like what you see, and want to talk with us to be sure this is right for you, please make an appointment to come to our home and talk with us. (Here's how to contact us.) Our first meeting involves no cost or obligation -- in fact, we won't even let you make a commitment at this meeting. We will talk for about an hour about all the options and possibilities for your ceremony, and then we will send you off to discuss between the two of you as to whether you want us to perform your ceremony. If either of you has the least uncertainty, we urge you to check with one or two other officiants, compare, and then make your decision. (We think it's important that you choose an officiant that you are completely comfortable with. If you choose us, that's great. And if you choose someone else, well, maybe that's great too.)
3) Only after you get back in touch with us -- a few days or a week or two later -- do we have a commitment. (Some couples have gotten back to us a couple of months later, but we don't recommend delaying that long -- particularly if your wedding is on a Saturday in the busy months of April, May, or October -- because our calendar (-- like everyone else's -- can fill up.)
4) We'll send you -- as an e-mail attachment -- a "monster script": about twenty pages of marriage ceremony with alternative wordings, suggestions, options, and things to think about and choose from and tinker with to create your perfect individualized ceremony. We invite you to come back after you've looked this over if you need help making it all come together. We can probably help you finalize it in an hour or less. (And you can still make improvements right up to the wedding.)
5) We will lead your rehearsal and perform the wedding.
All-inclusive fee (one or more consultations, development of individualized ceremony, participation in rehearsal and wedding) is $420 -- our basic fee of $400 plus $20 which we will send to the Register of Deeds [except in Durham, Guilford and Granville counties -- here's why] for two certified copies of your marriage license (plus a small travel charge if your wedding location is far beyond the Triangle area). (If the bride is not changing her name or you do not want certified copies at this time, our total fee is only $400.).
Your weddingneeds to include COMPONENTS THAT REFLECT THE TWO OF YOU:
Inclusivity and participation: Every part of your wedding ceremony offers you the opportunity to make your families and guests feel welcome, to feel a part of your wedding. We'll talk about the "circle of family and friends," because it is important to make everyone feel "a part of the circle" in your wedding -- to symbolize their part in the circle of your life together in the years to come. We can do this by such details as where you stand during the ceremony, how you choose to share parts of yourselves, and how you incorporate family and friends into the ceremony. For more about this, please click Your Wedding Ceremony as a Circle.
Readings: Poetry or inspirational readings that have special meaning for you, and which you want to share with family and friends. (Don't be put off when we say "inspirational" -- we've had readings from Winnie the Pooh, The Velveteen Rabbit, Dr. Seuss, and e. e. cummings. If it inspires you, it'll work, because your guests will love it.) We urge that you ask friends and family members to do readings, to make them (and their listeners) feel that they are really part of the wedding.
Testimonials and statements by bride and groom, by family and friends. Whatever form these take, they always make a wonderful impression on the guests. Everyone feels closer because they have been included in a sharing of inside information about the couple and the families.
E-mail us (or phone if you prefer) to set up an appointment (also free and with no obligation -- and we promise we'll load you up with lots of information and ideas).
All-inclusive fee (one or more consultations, development of individualized ceremony, participation in rehearsal and wedding) is $420 -- our basic fee of $400 plus $20 which we will send to the Register of Deeds [except in Durham, Guilford, and Granville counties -- here's why] for two certified copies of your marriage license (plus a small travel charge if your wedding location is farbeyond the Triangle area). (If the bride is not changing her name or you do not want certified copies at this time, our total fee is only $400.). IF YOU ARE ON A LIMITED BUDGET, we will happily work with you -- please click here to learn how.
We will also gladly proof-read or edit your wedding program and other printed materials -- at no cost.
Though we are primarily wedding officiants, we will be happy to offer ideas on wedding locations or other aspects of your wedding planning that you may have questions about.
If either of us were to be incapacitated or otherwise unable to participate in the wedding, the other can ably fill in and perform the wedding alone, though we much prefer to co-officiate.
www.weddinggazette.com Transform your wedding inspirations into reality with helpful articles on wedding flowers, bridal showers, wedding favors, making a budget, dealing with Mom, and more. Free newsletter contains wedding trends, tips, shopping, and advice.
3) We work with you to be sure that every aspect of the ceremony (not just the words) contributes to the message you (and we) are trying to communicate. It matters how seating is arranged, where and how you stand, how and when people enter, etc.
4) We work with you to deal with "problems" or "issues" that you are afraid will complicate your wedding. (Usually these "problems" can be dealt with more easily than you thought, and can become positive features of your wedding.) Here are some, with links: